Affidavit for producing document under subpoena
If you have been served with a subpoena to produce documents you have a choice as to how you comply with the Subpoena:
- You may appear in Court on the date specified in Part E on page 3 of the Subpoena.
- Alternatively, you may produce the document to the Registry Manager of the Court Registry not less than 2 days before the date fixed for production of the document in the Subpoena (court date). You may choose to comply with the subpoena by producing a photocopy of the documents that you are required to produce. If you want to do this, the copies must be attached to an Affidavit which must comply with Rules 15.29(2) and 24.01
This affidavit – producing document under subpoena has been prepared by the Court for your use.
Who do you serve
What is filed in response
Refer to the Court’s brochure Subpoena : information for named person. for more information about a subpoena including:
- compliance with a subpoena;
- return of exhibits and documents that are produced;
- your rights;
- a person’s right to inspect and copy documents produced.
In completing a Court form, you must
Complete the form by typing (eg. on a computer or typewriter).
For more information about how to attach a document to the affidavit see Rule 15.12.