Application for Consent Orders kit -parenting orders legislation
This document contains a copy of the parenting orders legislation referred to in the Application for Consent Orders Kit.
Family Law Act 1975
- Section 64B – meaning of parenting order and related terms
- Section 60B – object of Part VII of the Act and principles underlying it
- Section 60CA – child’s best interests paramount consideration in making a parenting order
- Section 60CC – how a Court determines what is in child’s best interests
- Section 61DA – presumption of equal shared parental responsibility when making parenting orders
- Section 65DAA – Court to consider child spending equal time or substantial and significant time with each parent in certain circumstances
- Subsection 4(1) – Interpretation of terms:
- ‘Aboriginal’ or ‘Torres Strait Island’ culture in relation to a child
- ‘Family violence’
- ‘Abuse’ in relation to a child
- Section 4AB - Definition of family violence etc.