The Commonwealth Courts Portal
The Commonwealth Courts Portal (CCP) is an initiative of the Family Court of Australia, the Federal Court of Australia and the Federal Circuit Court of Australia. The Family Court of Western Australia also provides online services through the CCP.
The Portal provides users with secure web-based access to information about cases that are before these courts.
Through this service, registered users can:
- keep track of their cases
- identify documents that have been filed
- view future court dates
- electronically file certain documents, and
- view outcomes and any orders that have been made.
What benefits does the CCP offer?
The CCP is a gateway to a broad range of services and information available from all partner courts. It is designed to maximise efficiency for the user by establishing a common technological framework.
- streamlined and integrated delivery of Commonwealth court services
- single sign on for multiple services in multiple jurisdictions
- single sign on for streamlined help desk and administration support
- improved information management and consistent reporting, and
- improved service delivery through feedback.
What services does the CCP provide?
The CCP provides access to a range of services including:
- a view of court information designed specifically to suit the needs of the user
- the ability to search for relevant information held by the partner courts
- secure access to information for self-represented litigants
- the ability to electronically file applications in certain cases
- the ability to electronically file supporting documents in family law cases
- access for lawyers to case information from the convenience of their own office
- control of this access by the law firm in which they work
- the ability to view judgments via Austlii
- the ability to subscribe to emails notifying users of the progress of their files, and
- allows barristers access to other law firms files when they have been granted access.
Where is the CCP located?
The CCP can be accessed at www.comcourts.gov.au or from any one of the following sites:
Privacy and security
Lawyers, barristers, law firms and litigants registering for the CCP are required to agree to the terms and conditions of use, which outline the responsibilities of users with access to court data. This includes protecting the security of your own account and ensuring your nominated email account is secure.
The courts will ensure that only registered individuals with a legitimate right to access the information on a file are given permission to do so (except in the case of an organisation, where the organisation administrator agrees to assume that responsibility).
Further information and help
Phone 1300 352 000
Related information:Back to top
Are you having trouble understanding legal words used in this form?
You can find more information about legal words used in this form in the following locations:
Legal words used in court (Family Law Courts brochure)
LawTermFinder - online help with legal terms
NOTE: LawTermFinder allows searches in the following languages: العربية | Arabic, 简体中文 | Simplified Chinese, 繁體中文 | Traditional Chinese, Español | Spanish, Tiếng Việt | Vietnamese.